Why frozen milk is one of the best decisions you’ll ever make
Frozen JakoPure milk is a bit of a hassle, so why bother? Here’s why and how:
It’s the healthiest milk you can find anywhere, even at the grocery store. The healthiest milk is 100% grassfed and raw. During winter months, no fluid milk that you buy in any store is 100% grassfed. It’s just not possible. That’s why we freeze JakoPure milk during the spring and summer months when the grasses are at peak nutrition to give your family optimum milk quality year-round.
When you thaw a jug of JakoPure milk, it’s the same as drinking summer’s best fresh milk. Freezing milk doesn’t in any way compromise its premium nutritional value. Dr Weston A. Price tested frozen milk and butter after one year and found zero degradation in quality. (Read more here.)
Frozen milk can be thawed quickly and easily. Here’s how.
- Thaw a gallon at room temp for 12 hours or in the fridge for 3 days. (Half gallons thaw quicker.)
- Thaw in a bowl; occasionally there are unavoidable leaks in the jug. (Because freezing milk isn’t common, there aren’t good containers out there specific to our needs.)
- Wait to drink until completely thawed.
- Shake very well before drinking.
- Milk will be good to drink for 12-14 days after thawing.
Let us know if you have more questions about frozen milk!